Thursday, April 5, 2012

Know Your Insurance!

**I do not endorse any insurance, nor do I make any claims about your insurance. I am simply suggesting that as women/men we become informed of what is available to us through our OWN plans**

When we began this journey, we were ignorant to say the least. At one point someone said to us, "Insurance doesn't cover fertility problems" and we left it at that. We literally left it at that for SEVEN YEARS! Then one day, I had a thought...what if I actually LOOK at my insurance. So while working for a financial institution, who by the way had what I would consider average benes, I looked up our insurance plan. I typed into the search bar fertility, and was shocked to find that I had coverage for diagnosis and treatment of infertility UP TO $10,000. We all know how fast $10K goes, but I thought maybe we can get some answers!
I have also heard of insurance plans having NO CAP on diagnosis. Another plan that I have recently heard of WILL COVER treatment, including IVF! I am sure, like with birth control, there are some insurances who don't cover at all.
I will encourage you again, if you haven't already done so, READ your insurance paperwork. If something seems vague, call them. Talk with your doctor. Sometimes the diagnosis can also be a fix (ahem, the dye test will occasionally blow out your tubes).
If anything...you will get answers. You will obtain knowledge. Honestly, having knowledge or a label of what is going on, will help you heal your heart. If nothing else, it will answer questions and help you make the next decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment