Friday, May 4, 2012

Sometimes Commercials Make Me Cry

So today, I was babysitting a friends three miracles along with my own son. See all four children are blessings to our families through adoption, and while I was sitting with the kids in the living room a *Pampers* commercial came on. Maybe you have seen this commercial, it is roughly a full minute in length and talks about babies as miracles. There are no spoken words, just written statements, but the impact was so great that I started to weep. For me, my son is a blessing that far outweighs the value of oil in the Middle East or diamonds in Africa. Do I remember this when he is having a temper tantrum in a department store and I have to carry him out SCREAMING and KICKING? I would lie if I claim to have walked out with a smile on my face announcing to the world, "THIS IS MY BLESSING!" I get frustrated, I sometimes raise my voice, and occasionally do or say something that I later regret (and have to apologize to him for). I am human. Tonight, I at 7:30pm I had a rare opportunity. It was roughly a half hour before bedtime and instead of jumping on facebook, I decided to snuggle my boy. We read five books, laid on his twin bed together, and bonded. This is my miracle. I know this to be true, and I need to take more time to be with him. I am posting about this commercial so that you can cry with me. I hope that it reminds you the next time you see that mom, (maybe its me) leaving a department store with a screaming toddler, to appreciate the miracle...but don't tell her that in the moment. Or that it will remind you to hug your children tighter, and appreciate their breaths. They are miraculous.
 **I do not own this commercial, nor was I paid in any way to do this, but what company doesn't love FREE ADVERTISING**

*Pampers*

No comments:

Post a Comment